HOW TO IDENTIFY YOUR MINISTRY GIFTS
"As every man hath received the gift,
even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God." 1 Peter 4:10
Before you begin the test make rows for the numbers for each question starting at numbers 1-13 for the first row, 14-26 for the second row, 27-39 for the third row, and 40-52 for the fourth row. Make a fifth row for your totals. Your score sheet should have four rows of numbers and the last row blank for your totals. You can draw lines between each row to make it easier for you. There are 52 questions to answer.
Your answers will be a value from 0-4 (that the statement is true in your life.) Base the statements or questions as follows:
0 - Not at all 1 - Little 2 - Moderately 3 - Considerably 4 - Strongly
1. I enjoy working behind the scenes, taking care of little details.
2. I usually step forward and assume leadership in a group where none exists.
3. When in a group I tend to recognize and approach those who are sitting or standing alone.
4. I have the ability to recognize a need and to get the job done, no matter how trivial the task.
5. I have the ability to organize ideas, people and projects to reach a
6. I am asked to sing or play a musical instrument at church functions.
7. I have an ability to use my hands in a creative way to design and build
8. I enjoy giving money to those in serious financial need.
9. I enjoy ministering to people in hospitals, prisons or rest homes to comfort them.
10. I have an ability to thoroughly study a passage of scripture and then share it with others.
11. I have an ability to learn foreign languages.
12. I enjoy spending time with non-Christians, especially with hopes of telling them about Jesus.
13. Whenever I hear reports on the news or in conversation about needy
situations, I am burdened to pray.
14. I would like to assist the pastors or other leaders so they will have more time to accomplish their essential and priority ministries.
15. I don't mind asking others to accomplish an important ministry for the
16. I enjoy entertaining guests and making them feel "at home" when they visit church.
17. I enjoy serving others, no matter how simple or little the task.
18. I am a very organized person who sets goals and make plans to reach them.
19. I believe I could sing well in the choir.
20. I enjoy doing things like woodworking, crocheting, sewing, metal work,
stained glass, etc.
21. I joyfully give money to the church well above my tithe.
22. I feel compassion for people who are hurting and lonely and I like to spend considerable time with them to cheer them up.
23. When a question arises from a difficult Bible passage, I am motivated to research the answer.
24. I can adapt easily to culture, language and lifestyles other than my own, and would like to use my adaptability to minister in foreign countries.
25. I find it easy to invite a person to accept Jesus as their Savior.
26. I believe prayer is the most important thing a Christian can do.
27. I enjoy relieving others of routine tasks so they can get special projects done.
28. I can guide and manage a group of people toward achieving a specific goal.
29. I enjoy meeting new people and introducing them to others in a group.
30. I get things done on time without needing praise and thanks.
31. I easily delegate significant responsibilities to other people.
32. I enjoy singing and people say I have a good voice.
33. I find satisfaction in meeting people's needs by making something for them.
34. I wouldn't mind lowering my standard of living to give more to the church and other's needs.
35. I want to do whatever I can for the needy people around me, even if I have to give up something.
36. Others listen and enjoy my teaching of scriptures.
37. I would like to present the gospel in a foreign language, in a country
whose culture and lifestyle is different from my own.
38. I would like to tell others how to become a Christian and give them the invitation to receive Jesus in their life.
39. The Lord has answered many of my prayers for others.
40. I enjoy helping others get their work done, and don't need a lot of public recognition.
41. People respect my opinion and follow my direction.
42. I would like to use my home to get acquainted with newcomers and visitors to the church.
43. I enjoy helping people in any type of need and feel a sense of satisfaction in meeting that need.
44. I am comfortable making important decisions even under pressure.
45. I believe the Lord could use me in the choir or the orchestra to deliver a message through song.
46. People say that I am gifted with my hands.
47. When I give money to someone, I don't expect anything in return and often give anonymously.
48. When I hear of people without jobs who can't pay their bill, I do what I can to help them.
49. I am organized in my thinking and systematic in my approach when presenting Bible lessons to a group of people.
50. I have no racial prejudice and have a sincere appreciation for people very different from myself.
51. I have a strong desire to help non-Christians find salvation through Jesus Christ.
52. Prayer is my favorite ministry in the church and I spend a great deal of time at it.
There are no right or wrong answers. Do not feel bad if you have several statements that are not like you at all. It is quite normal to have a 0 on several questions that either you have never done or may feel uncomfortable doing. Be honest as this will help you find your personal ministry gifts. ~~ Provided by permission from Free Chapel Worship Center
Click Here —> Discovery Answers to find your answer sheet and more about Your gifts!
If this article, or any other resources on our website have been helpful to you please consider a contribution that we may continue in our efforts to serve.
THANK YOU. Your donation will remain anonymous unless you let us know. We will be thankful and greatful for as little as a $1.00 donation. All donations over $20 will receive a special gift. Please check the box to include your name and address so we will know who you are and where to send your gift. Thank you again for your support and encouragement!
© 1998-2007 Home School Treasures - All Rights Reserved