If you have ever considered the Robinson Curriculum consider A-Squared/Accelerated
Achievement - or A2, as a far better option. It can also be used with the Robinson Curriculum to fill in the gaps
and areas not covered with the RC. However, if you purchase the A2, there is no need to
purchase the Robinson Curriculum. Click to view the content comparison chart
at A2-vs-RC or see the
links at the bottom of the page for more, detailed information.
See our demo below.
Although the contents of the program are not Mormon.
We do offer a LDS supplement which includes a couple more books. It must be ordered specifically
below. Please read our FAQ website for more details.
Check out the Math program. Before you purchase any math curriculum or any other materials, please do examine the A2 contents thoroughly.
The Accelerated-Achievement curriculum comes in a heavy, protective,
decorative, 5-1/4" x 7-1/2" case cover.(shown above)
The A2 was created using the same time-tested, vintage methods that was introduced to many of us
through the Charlotte Mason Methods, the Robinson
Curriculum and others -- The Famous Three R's. (Reading, Writing,
and Arithmetic) A2 also includes the necessary Phonics, Grammar and other Kindergarten material that is a must for every beginner. The program can be
used with several different learning/teaching methods. It is best itilized with the self-teaching method.
The only product on the market that could even come close to the A2 is the Robinson Curriculum.
However, instead of 250+ books for $195 - (RC) with 22 CD Roms to switch back and forth, This curriculum
offers 800+ books/works and more than double the content for only $99.00 - (A2)...and ALL on one CD.
Not to mention the ease of structure and organization beyond a DOS style software.
The A2 does not waste disk space with 100 year old encyclopedias, nor the old dictionary, both of
which are available online for free. (See the free links section on our RC webpage.)
Most do prefer the 1828 Dictionary and a free link to that Dictionary
is also on the Robinson Self-Teaching
Curriculum page. Most parents,
and willing publishers, will agree that it is better for a child to
manually "look-up" the necessary research material, verses software with dictionaries and encyclopedias.
The A2 is divided by grade levels with complete instruction and organization, yet the students
are not limited to any grade level. Each grade has its own course of study. It also offers the
versatility veteran homeschoolers want.
This curriculum comes with a weekly planner that is suggested as a
starting point to adjust or modify as you wish. Your children can work from this sheet with the
A2 course of study and mark the subjects/items he completes for himself.
An A2 User's Reasons for using the Program (This A2 user has given permission to post
her email address that you may contact her privately with questions. Email link below. Please also read about her children's
standardized tests scores from Abeka, then only using the A2 for one year! Read about it on
our Customer Comments Page)
"I have been using A2 for over a year now. Here is a list of my reasons for recommending A2.
1. Great reading! And it is easy to find a lot of the books cheaply at the used book store.
2. Ease of use. Everything I need is on one cd. It is ordered by grade level (not that I go by grade level). It is easy to search for materials on the cd. It is easy to travel with the one cd.
3. Great history books. My kids have developed a real interest in history because of the history reading.
4. No more dependence on text books. My kids are learning to learn from what is around them instead of thinking they must be "taught".
5. Reading comprehension and vocabulary scores for my kids have risen dramatically since using A2.
6. Great support. Paul Stone is very responsive when his help is needed. The user's group is full of great people with great ideas for how to implement A2.
7. NOT Mom intensive. All I do is make sure the kids have the books they need and hold them accountable for their work. I spend about ten minutes a day reviewing their work and logging it for my records. I am no longer bound by lesson plans, complicated instructions to follow, endless worksheets and testing, and burnout. The kids have really stepped up since the responsibility of learning has been placed on their shoulders instead of me being responsible for teaching them. Their successes and failures are theirs, not mine.
The only supplementing I have done is that I use Saxon math instead of the math
on the cd with my elementary kids. But, I have printed out the math book for the kids to
use as an additional study resource when they are struggling with particular concepts.
I know there is so much more I could say in favor of A2.
This curriculum has really changed our home. We no longer have homeschool burnout
by summer. It is so easy for the kids to take their work on the road (we tend to travel more than I plan to).
We continue through the summer now because school has become a daily routine rather than a burden for all of us."
Ordering the program grants you membership in the A2 user's group at yahoo.
It is not a public group and all members must complete an application for approval. This is due to spam and
also to protect the member's privacy and security. There is another support group that is public if you would
like to ask questions of other A2 users. Both groups are very family friendly without to many posts, chat, or idle gossip.
You will not be blasted or treated unkindly if you have different opinions or want to choose for
yourself--(such is the case we have seen in other yahoo support groups and forums) All walks of faith are welcome.
Both are a great blessing and the members are some of the most encouraging and positive people we have had the privledge
to meet. Click http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RC_A2_Group to join.
If you have never used Paypal for your online ordering needs and would like more information,
please read our Pay Pal
Information Page. This page also contains helpful tips, cautions and real examples of thief's phoney emails to gain your information.